I have been challenged and blessed by the messages at Riverpointe lately. In our awesome home team, we are going through the book, The Hole in our Gospel. It tells the story about a CEO turned missionary and his journey to understanding the Gospel. The author really reflects on how modern Christianity has turned into the quest to get that ticket to heaven. Instead, the book talks about how Jesus intended for the Gospel to be part of our daily existence, that rather than just sharing the good news, we are called to be the good news. What a profound statement!
Patrick also talked about how so often we want God's blessings without wanting His control in our lives. Human nature teaches us to hold back from this kind of surrender because of fears, ambitions, and losing the sense of control in our lives. I have really reflected on these teachings lately and assessed that any reason I have to hold back could never justify withholding from the perfect plan God has for my life!
Patrick also talked about how so often we want God's blessings without wanting His control in our lives. Human nature teaches us to hold back from this kind of surrender because of fears, ambitions, and losing the sense of control in our lives. I have really reflected on these teachings lately and assessed that any reason I have to hold back could never justify withholding from the perfect plan God has for my life!

No comments:
Post a Comment