Friday, October 1, 2010

Gratitude

Though it might come easily for most, I made a goal for myself this year. To genuinely feel and express gratitude. I've been told by some that I can be pretty cut and dry, one who so easily blows through life's experiences onto the next fun. I decided (finally) that this would lead to a pretty unfulfilling existence once I was no longer surrounded by the constant comforts and fun of friendships and experiences. I struggle with having a sense of entitlement in life sometimes. Who knows, maybe I'm not just speaking for myself. But, as this year has brought with it so many changes, I have learned to stop and be grateful. Grateful for a gorgeous day, a thoughtful gift, a good conversation with my husband, rich relationships, and life's little celebrations. I know this is the only way to live that life of abundance we're called to! I'm glad God stepped in and showed me this weakness. Life seems just a touch brighter now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin