


Hello friends! Please forgive my blogging silence. As I discussed with my best friend, Whit (check out her blog), I think it's just that time of year I want to cozy up and enjoy the quiet (rare for me)!
BUT, last weekend Tyler and I threw a Christmas party at our little home. It was really fun to get everything ready together and did we ever bake up a storm. We served lots of great desserts to munch on including chocolate covered pretzels, chocolate cinnamon fudge, peanut butter fudge, pumpkin bread and peppermint bark. It was all delicious!
I also made a diy party favor which was a lot of fun. I created a CD with all of our favorite Christmas tunes along with homemade CD covers out of scrapbook paper and yarn. Such a simple little idea!
How To
What you need:
CD
Scrapbook paper (16" x16")
Paper cutter or scissors
Hole punch
Fluffy Yarn
Hot Glue Gun
Pom Poms
Just burn the CD. Cut the scrapbook paper in half and fold. On 2 consecutive sides of the square (excluding the folded side), punch holes evenly spaced. Then string the yarn through the holes and leave a little excess to tie knots on either end. With the hot glue gun, glue the pom poms on the excess yarn in the top corner and wa-la! A precious little gift.
We really enjoyed hosting together, time with close friends and ringing in the season in style!

No comments:
Post a Comment