Tyler and I kicked off the Halloween holiday by carving pumpkins with our home team. This is an annual tradition and we always have a blast! Tyler and I chose a very easy design this year after learning our lesson in years past and went with this quirky little owl.Last year on Halloween we had such a great time sitting out in the driveway with the neighbors and all of our dogs, greeting the excited kids and their precious families. I couldn't believe how popular Halloween is in our neighborhood. Last year we ran out of candy at 8:30pm so this year I wanted to come prepared for the masses! When Halloween day rolled around, I was quite torn what to do! Tyler and I play in a coed soccer league in Houston and our games are every Monday night. I realized a lot of our teammates have kids and it would only be fair for us to show up for the game. Since I was totally bummed about missing Halloween in our neighborhood, I left a big pumpkin on our front porch with candy in it and a note on the door that said 'Sorry we aren't home. Please grab some candy and have a Happy Halloween!'
We showed up for our game, outnumbered and playing the #1 team in our division. We lost 4-0, but still had fun playing. We arrived back home and all the candy was gone, which I expected. What I didn't expect was that the pumpkin and sign were both missing and someone had smashed our carved pumpkin all over our front yard! Kids these days...
So, needless to say, this Halloween wasn't one for the books! I'm hoping to pass out candy again next year, and apparently will need to guard our front porch. Happy Halloween to all! I can't begin to describe how excited I am that the holidays are now upon us :).

Aww, this is totally tragic! I'm so sorry! I remember walking to school in my neighborhood the day after Halloween and seeing smashed pumpkins all over the streets. What IS it with smashing pumpkins?! Hopefully next year will be better, and YES--the holidays are upon us! Missing you and your Christmas music! :)
ReplyDelete