Friday, July 2, 2010

The Search

4Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4: 4-7

My job search was definitely a humbling process. I think I was starting to have a glimpse of my life with no passion, a very scary thought for me. I finally came to a place where I clung to this verse and just offered up my career and future, and patiently waited for God's direction. Like a ton of bricks, it hit me that it was time to search for a new spot to grow and be challenged. The process was a trying one, and there were many moments I wondered if God did have a plan for my life. Of course, this was just my stubborn human perspective, when all along I should have trusted my Creator. It was so refreshing to lean solely on God foremost, followed closely by my sweet husband, family and close friends. I've never considered myself a patient person, a weakness for sure. This time, patience and faith really paid off like never before. Just when I was starting to give in and lose hope, God delivered as He always does. He absolutely saved me, in His perfect timing! I will always look back on this time and remember being taken care of all along :) I'm so excited for what's to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin