"I am convinced that life is 10 percent what happens to me and 90 percent how I react to it. And so it is with you- we are in charge of our attitudes." Chuck Swindoll
So, I dig this quote! I am making this my motto this week. I'd like to think I live by it all the time, but if I'm honest with myself, I know I fall short sometimes. This quote is so true! Attitude really is everything. Most mornings when I leave the house, I know exactly the type of day I'm going to have. I know if I'm carrying on the stresses from the day before or just a rotten attitude in general. Without fail, my day never gets any better because I've mentally decided that it's going to be a bad day from the get go. It's funny how this works every time. I never want to be one of those people who falls victim to every unfortunate event in my life. So, I'm vowing to myself to do my best to have a positive attitude and outlook on life even when little obstacles get in the way.
God does promise trials in this world and yet He also promises that He has overcome the world! And finally, when the world seems to be against me, I always take comfort in Ephesians 6.
Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
So, friends, no matter what you or I are facing today, I hope to stay positive and make the most of it!

No comments:
Post a Comment