Sunday, January 30, 2011

Yes!!


2 years ago today, Tyler popped the big question! Through our 10 month engagement and now year of marriage, I have learned so much and have been richly blessed through my relationship with him. It is fun to think back on all the exciting milestones we've experienced together!

Tyler and I looked at rings for our one year anniversary in November. I thought for sure he would propose on Christmas, only my favorite day of the entire year. Of course I should have known by then that Tyler isn't entirely predictable. Once the holiday passed, I was really dumbfounded and didn't know exactly what to expect. The end of January was approaching and Tyler told me that he wanted to take me out for a date on Saturday night. He was very secretive and of our friends, only told Whit his plans. She then created a great story to keep our close friends from making plans that evening. She told me her mom was coming in and wanted to do dinner with all the girls. This was a brilliant story but it almost backfired! I just about begged Tyler to just switch our date night by one night so that I could partake in the activities while Whit's mom was in town. Tyler had to fight hard and finally convinced me to keep our plans as is (so funny now!)

The evening started with dinner at Square One, a charming little restaurant in Downtown Bryan. This is also where we went on our first date. Dinner was great and the wine and conversation were flowing as usual. Afterwards, we were very quiet in the car (unlike us) and Tyler drove straight to Research Park (also where we spent our first date). We got out of the car and casually walked to a bridge where we'd shared many important talks before and while we were dating. Tyler told me that ever since our first talk there, if we were to have a relationship, it would be the forever kind. He told me he knew God put me in his life and he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me. Then he said "Will you marry me" and "can I put this on your finger?" (a very valid concern since we were standing on a bridge over water) I cried and cried and finally blurted out "YES!"

We headed from there back to my precious college house (shared with the best girls) and into a huge surprise! Everyone I loved most dearly was there and it was so touching. I will never forget the feeling! We rang in the celebration with champagne, hugs and good times. I knew from the second Tyler and I started dating that I wanted to marry him, and my dream was coming true :) Such a sweet memory!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin