

This weekend I took on the project of refinishing this headboard I found at Home Goods a while back! I wanted the headboard to go well with these fabulous frames I got from Pottery Barn for my birthday. The first 2 photos show the headboard before I refinished it. It looked great but wasn't as clean, white and antique looking as I wanted. This process was very easy and can give a facelift to any piece of furniture. First, I sanded the headboard and removed any dust with tack cloth. Then I applied 2 generous coats of paint and let it dry completely. Finally, I used coarse-grit sandpaper to sand the edges and face of the headboard to give it more of a worn, antique look. It was nice to find this piece for a great price and turn it into exactly what I wanted :) Aside from waiting for the paint to dry, the whole project probably took an hour. Fun stuff! I love the finished product and can't wait to feature all the pieces together in one of the bedrooms!

No comments:
Post a Comment