


Happy Valentine's Day, friends! I hope you are all enjoying fun and creative ways to celebrate with the ones you love. Tyler and I did an early celebration this weekend. He treated me to a homemade dinner and anyone who has ever had the privilege of enjoying Tyler's cooking, knows what a great chef he is. I appreciate a homemade meal a-la Tyler over a 3 course meal at a fancy restaurant any day :) There is something incredibly romantic about it.
So, Tyler fixed braised short ribs, jicama slaw and green beans. As always, he displayed them all beautifully, even shaping the slaw into a heart (I mean really, who is this guy?!) For dessert, I made Martha Stewart's molten bittersweet-chocolate cakes. They were extremely easy to make and delicious with a cold glass of milk.
I knew Tyler had been busy working on something in the garage and I really had no idea what he was up to. Yesterday he presented me with my Valentine's gift (pictured above). He came up with the idea on his own (a little jealous of his creative abilities) and gave me 2 canvas prints with our sweet pets on them. We love our little family where we are right now, and this gift could not have been more thoughtful. I still have to decide where to display them but I'm thinking they will be on two tiny easels somewhere special in our home.
This was definitely a memorable Valentine's Day for me. I'm very blessed and so thankful everyday for a fun and love-filled marriage!

y'all make me smile! The jicama slaw and the molton bittersweet chocolate cake sound so good :)
ReplyDelete