Monday, August 15, 2011

Baby Shower

This weekend I hosted my first shower in my home! The shower was in honor of two dear friends and their little boys due in September, Knox and Jacob. We immediately decided on a Western theme for these two boys as we know they will grow up to love all things outdoors. My decor isn't exactly Western but the more I searched, the more treasures I discovered that would easily go with the theme.

Tyler and I have a ton of leftover mason jars from our wedding that were perfect for the shower! We added some name tags with raffia and drank sweet tea and lemonade out of them. We also used them as small vases for white daisies throughout the house.

Of course, what's a Western theme without a cow dog? Meet Snoop the cow dog.

Here is a photo of the delicious spread and table setting! I found the crate in the corner of one of my bedrooms and it was just screaming to be used as part of the centerpiece. We served delicious BBQ, fruit salad, corn dip, jalapeno poppers and dessert.

And finally, here's what made the shower the most special. It's hard to believe we have known each other over 2 years (and some longer)! We have gone from being engaged, being newlyweds, and now there are 2 (soon to be 4) little bundles of joy. It's such a blessing to share life with these girls, the good times and the bad. It was so special to have everyone all together. The past, present and future of our home team were well represented. I'm blessed with such amazing friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin