Monday, January 4, 2010

Simple Start

It's hard to believe that it's now 2010. I must admit, I've never been a big believer in New Years resolutions, probably because I know that I could never keep one. While in the past, I've used this as an excuse to just continue on like nothing changes, this year I have decided to set some goals for myself, and for a better 2010.

Life after the wedding has really allowed me to slow down and reflect some. While I've always been comfortable with my very fast-paced life, this year will be about something different! My goal is this: I want to pray about the direction of my future. I find that I'm one to let my thoughts go wherever the wind may blow, and while this allows a lot of fun and imagination, I know these thoughts are not grounded in my Creator. I struggle with the classic young professional thoughts: what direction is my career heading, do I want to go to grad school, or do I want to drop everything and pursue a dream job (not even sure what that would be at the moment!) I know I won't have it all figured out this year (what our 20's are all about I've come to believe), but I know that prayer will send me in the direction of happiness! I hope this year brings you fresh perspective and new beginnings!

Philippians 4
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya girlfriend! Oh the pressure of having so much talent and not knowing what to do with it all...haha :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin