This morning at church, I learned a powerful lesson, one that's always a bit hard to swallow as a human I think. Patrick spoke from 1 Peter about being humble and thinking of others. He talked about living a good life, and not just to be a 'good Christian', but because we feel compelled by following Christ as our leader. He stressed that we have to take our eyes off ourselves and it will change our perspective and our source of hope. By following and being like Christ, we are changed inside out, and we can be living examples of Christ's love.
In a time when so much of the world is me-focused, it's so refreshing to be reminded about the very heart of Christ. It's nice to remember the source of hope in a broken world! I hope to always carry this with me!
In a time when so much of the world is me-focused, it's so refreshing to be reminded about the very heart of Christ. It's nice to remember the source of hope in a broken world! I hope to always carry this with me!

Thanks for sharing! I definitely want to be more intentional about making time to think of others. This may be an ongoing prayer for me, but God has the power to change for sure.
ReplyDelete