Thursday, February 3, 2011

Kabobs



Well I don't know about you, but my taste buds get quite bored with the same types of meals over and over. I was ready to break out of the mold of fish, chicken or pork (and repeat) this week. So, we tried our hands at making shish kabobs. Of course, I chose the coldest night so far this winter for grilling, but it was well worth it. Before putting the kabobs together, I was sure to soak the skewers for at least 20 minutes in water. These are delicious and easy, and would be great to serve at a cookout!

Teriyaki Sirloin Kabobs
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3 T honey
1 T minced crystallized ginger (I used ground)
1 large clove garlic, minced
2 1/2 lbs sirloin beef, cubed
1 fresh pineapple. peeled and cubed (I used 1 can of pineapple chunks)
2 Gala or Golden Delicious apples, cubed
(We also added chunks of yellow onion)
3 cups steamed rice

Combine soy sauce, vinegar, oil, honey, ginger and garlic in a blender (I just hand mixed). Pour into a sealable plastic bag. Add beef and marinate at room temperature 30 minutes or in refrigerator overnight. (I suggest marinating overnight--the flavor was delicious)

Drain beef, reserving marinade. Skewer beef alternatively with pineapple and apple cubes (we also added the onion). Brush kabobs with marinade and grill 15 to 20 minutes, depending on desired doneness. Baste often with marinade. Serve with steamed rice.

Serves 6. Yum!

1 comment:

  1. Is that Tyler trying to be like Alton Brown in that middle shot? As in, this is the shot from the oven? He could pass for a double! Hehehe ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin