Monday, March 21, 2011

The Help

Last night I finished my current read, The Help. This was a phenomenal book and I'm almost sad to be finished with it! The story takes place in the 60s in Mississippi when racial segregation was still a major issue. I instantly became enamored with the characters and felt the tension they dealt with on a day to day basis because of the times. I highly recommend this book. It's challenging, inspirational and a total page turner!

2 comments:

  1. You should read Same Kind of Different As Me, if you haven't already - it has some of the same themes, it sounds like. It is a great book, but I'll have to check out this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have! It's an incredible book. I'd say both it and The Help have a similar theme and lesson throughout. Both so good--miss you girl!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin