The spring weather lately has been too perfect to resist! I have been outside every chance I get. Recently I was in the mood for a light, tasty dinner, perfect for eating outside. I tried out Better Homes and Gardens fish tacos and loved them. Such fresh ingredients!Fish Tacos with Lime Sauce
1 lb fresh tilapia or catfish fillets
3 limes
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 t chili powder
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
8 small flour tortillas (I used HEB's delicious wheat tortillas)
1 cup shredded cabbage
2 small carrots, peeled and shredded
1 jalapeno or serrano pepper, thinly sliced
1. Rinse fish and pat dry. Cut into 1-inch pieces.
2. For lime sauce, juice two of the limes into a bowl (cut remaining lime into wedges for serving). Stir mayonnaise and chili powder into juice. Remove 1/3 cup sauce and toss fish in it.
3. In large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons cooking oil over medium heat. In shallow dish combine flour and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Working with a third of the fish at a time, lightly toss in flour mixture and add to hot oil. Cook 2 to 4 minutes or until fish flakes, turning to brown evenly and adding additional oil as needed. Drain on paper towels.
4. Wrap tortillas in paper towels; heat in microwave 30 seconds. Top tortillas with fish, cabbage, carrots and jalapeno. Drizzle with lime sauce. Pass lime wedges. Makes 4 servings.
Yum!

looks so good! Makes me miss La Bodega. :)
ReplyDelete