Sunday, April 17, 2011

A Sweet Visit!

Last weekend was just wonderful! One of my best friends from Chicago paid me a visit :) Jen and I met at our last job and instantly became close friends. When the news came that she was planning a visit, I was stoked. Jen and I started the weekend at High Fashion Fabric, to pick out fabric for my sweet little chair. (remember it here?) From there we hit a few shops, strolled through Town Square and ate dinner at one our favorite sushi spots.
Here we are at Japaneiros.
Jen also makes incredible sweet treats. As a surprise, she remade for Tyler and I the groom's cake she made for the big day. Banana cake with nutella icing--unreal!
We woke up early on Saturday and headed to Montrose to meet up with friends and hit the stores. We ate breakfast at Empire Cafe (always a favorite) and then shopped to our heart's content!
The one minor mishap from the weekend was almost being towed! Jen and I had been in a store for exactly 5 minutes when I just had this gut feeling to look over at my car. Sure enough, it was hooked up to a tow truck, he was taking a photo and was about to drive off with my car. We sprinted across Westheimer and told him we would move it right away. He told me I could pay half the tow fee or he would take it (what a jerk!), so we paid the fee and spent a few hours cursing the lowly guy. To top off her visit, Jen and I got Chinese take out and watched Eclipse. We were in heaven.

There is nothing quite like a girls' weekend and this was one was so special! I'm so thankful Jen was able to visit, and that we were able to laugh and chat our way through the weekend :)

1 comment:

  1. Awww, this is so presh, thank you! I absolutely loved our time together and miss you dearly! Lol, "cursing the lowly guy"...serious! What a creeper. Guess we'll never forget THAT day...!! Love you girl! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin